Creative today introduces its 2nd generation of its Sound BlasterAxx speaker series - the Sound BlasterAxx AXX 200. Despite the moderate success of the previous generation, Creative believes that the new AXX 200 is the gamer changer that would "radically transform the wireless speaker market".
Powered by the SB-AXX1 audio processor (the same chip found in the Sound Blaster Z-series of sound cards), the AXX 200 is a little bigger than the previous Sound BlasterAxx SBX 8 and comes with a built-in battery for portability. It also has a new grill design and a series of new features which we think are so crazy it might just work.
Sound BlasterAxx AXX 200 features:
- Supermega phone: amplify your voice with this loud hailer feature built right into the speaker
- Super loud siren: for ... emergency use?
- Integrated MP3 player: play music directly from your microSD card
- Portable battery: charge your iPhone or tablets directly with the AXX 200
- 4 microphones for teleconferencing
- Sound Blaster Central app for audio processing on-the-go
- Bluetooth with NFC: for one-touch pairing
- aptX wireless codec and AAC codec for the best wireless streaming experience
One of the most attractive point of the AXX 200 is of course the price. With the recommended retail price at $299.99, Creative is currently selling the AXX 200 at only U$149.99. The mini Jambox and Logitech Boom are retailing at U$179.99 with a similar size Bose Soundlink Mini going at U$199.99. The AXX 200 has wayyy more features with a really sleek design that is a departure from Creative's usual black, solemn design for its speakers.
While the AXX 200 is now only available in the US, Creative is giving away 5 sets of it on its Facebook page: Win Creative Sound BlasterAxx AXX 200
Learn more about the AXX 200 here: